school after S. Arakelyan has 150 years history.
In 1847 Tatev
population to Ejmiatsin holy government, leadership for having school
in the village.
In 1852 a holy
school was organized according to the decision of Ejmiatsin:
In 1852-79 the
school had 2 classrooms where 50-70 schoolchildren studied.
In 1879-96 it
had 4 classrooms, with 120-180 schoolchildren.
The school was acting in monastery rooms, but in the future the school
was removed from the monastery to the village.
In 1924 the village
council undertook the building of a new school in the village.
Early of 1925
the school building was started.
- In 1926 the school was put into operation in the new building. At
that time the school condition was hard.
In 1933 a building
was built called "Old school", which was restarted as a
In 1924-31 the
school was elementary.
In 1933-38: seven-years.
Since 1939 secondary
education was taught.
In 1974 the building
of the present acting school was built.
2001 a new page was added to the biography of School: "Culture
and land" social philanthropy organization initiated the school-building
renewal. In July and August it was foresee to repair the elementary
section. The organization sent volunteers, young Armenians from USA,
Canada, France who took part in the reconstruction of the school building.
At the beginning of the educational year, the work was already near
to finish. The volunteers worked with enthusiasm and consciousness
of the importance of their work. The roof andthe sport hall were renovated
entirely. This work
expedition was marked for LCO by thfact that among the young volunteers
of 18-20 years old, the older ones were included, who didn't give
way to their young friends over their zeal. As for real liveevidence,
there were a father and daughter by the surname of Aslanyans' who
participated in the program. The renovation of the school wasn't the
first project of LCO in Tatev. Again in 1995 Tatev village hosted
LCO volunteers. In 1995-97 Sts. Minas church and the hospital in some
extent were repaired by the organization.
2002 it was the 150th anniversary of establishment of Tatev new school.
On the 27-th, 28-th, and 29-th of September a number of parties were
organized in Tatev.
Exhibition in Tatev School and monastery
Creation of Foundation
An open of museum
Scientific-Practice conference: Romik Harutyunyan, the graduate of
Tatev, an academic of Chemical Science conducted the party. Famous
Academics, Doctors and Historians of Historical and Artistic Science,
Sokrat Mkrtchyan, the principle of "Tatev Scientific Educational
Complex" and others made reports at the conference.
Grand meeting: Sokrat Mkrtchyan, the manager of initiative group of
recommendation was conducting it.
Meetings with the scientists, artists, holy men, governors and representatives
of other organizations: Discussions of plans.
the 7-th of July, in 2003 according to the 59 True Certificate of
the Educational and Cultural Affairs of Armenia, Tatev Secondary school
deserved a memorandum medal for making contribution to the field at
the Educational and Cultural Affairs of Armenia.